Many people find that they enjoy and benefit from doing work outside of our sessions. I may recommend particular readings, podcasts, music, videos, and movies as I get to know you and your needs. This is a list of some of my favorite resources that many of my clients have benefited from exploring. At the bottom of the page you will also find information on local meditation communities as well as social issues that are important to me.
- Tara Brach: Tara Brach is a leading western teacher of Buddhist (mindfulness) meditation, emotional healing, and spiritual awakening.
- Mental Illness Happy Hour: A weekly conversation between a guest and comedian/host Paul Gilmartin, focusing on the battles we have in our heads and the damage we feel. From medically diagnosed to conditions to everyday compulsive negative thinking. This podcast is not a substitute for professional mental help, it's more like a waiting room that hopefully doesn't suck.
- Waking Up with Sam Harris: Join Sam Harris—neuroscientist, philosopher, and best-selling author—as he explores some of the most important questions about the human mind, society, and current events.
- The Anxiety Coaches Podcast: The Anxiety Coaches Podcast is a relaxing and inspiring show bringing you lifestyle changes to calm your nervous system and help you heal Anxiety, Panic and PTSD for life!
- Sleep With Me: Are you up all night tossing and turning? "Sleep With Me" is the podcast that puts you to sleep using boredom superpowers. Kind of like a bedtime story for grownups, just interesting enough for you to forget your problems but boring enough to put you to sleep.
- Expectation - The Silent Marriage Killer
- What It Means To "Hold Space" for People, Plus Eight Tips On How To Do It Well
- The Likely Cause of Addiction Has Been Discovered, And It's Not What You Think
- 81 Awesome Resources When You Can't Afford A Therapist
- Everything Doesn't Happen For A Reason
- You Probably Know To Ask Yourself, "What Do I Want?" Here's A Way Better Question
- Starting A Mindfulness Meditation Practice
- Negative Emotions Are Key To Well-Being
- 5 Strategies for Self-Compassion
- Pain Is A Part Of Being Human: 4 Lessons To Help Reduce Suffering
- Masculinity Is Killing Men: The Roots Of Men And Trauma
- Everything Is Awful And I'm Not OK: Questions To Ask Before Giving Up
- How to Cope with the Suffering in This World
- How To Be There For A Depressed Person
- Can Stress Kill You? Research Says Only If You Believe It Can